6 Jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise, and seeded
8 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
½ c. Mozzarella cheese, grated
¼ c. + 3 TB Flip Flop Sauce
12 Slices of Bacon
- Marinate the sliced bacon in ¼ cup of Flip Flop Sauce, and set aside.
- Prepare Jalapenos, by cutting in half lengthwise, and scooping out the seeds with a small spoon.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella and 3 TB of Flip Flop Sauce. Mix until smooth. You can also use a hand mixer.
- Taking each of the Jalapeno halves, fill generously with the cream cheese mixture and set aside.
- On the Burch Barrel, build up a good coal base. Once the coals are ready, move the coals to one side of the coal pan, and place the coal pan in the middle of the Barrel.
- On the opposite side of the coals or indirect heat side, place the marinated bacon slices on the Burch Barrel, and grill until the edges just start to curl. Only a couple minutes on each side. You can adjust where your heat is, by rotating the grill grate with your tongs. This will help in preventing flare up, and burning the bacon. You can also move your coal pan up or down to adjust the heat.
- Once the bacon is par-grilled, remove.
- Take a slice of bacon, wrap tightly around each of the cream cheese filled jalapenos, and stick 2 toothpicks to hold the bacon in place.
- Place the poppers on the Burch Barrel for 10 minutes, remove and ENJOY!