THE B.A. BURGER
A simple and satisfying burger that will warm your soul on a cool spring evening at Camp.
- 2 lbs Beef Burger
- >>> If using lean wild game add one egg to help it bind and stick together.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons cajon seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon lime juice
- Few pinches of salt and pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter, oil, or bacon grease
- 5 Jalapeno's
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- Side fixings optional
- Lemon Aioli of sorts
COAL PAN: Set at 3 notches from the top and adjust appropriately depending on coals or open flame.
- Bacon grease is a favorite.
- Watch your onions while you patty the burgers, stirring as needed.
- Roast till soft and blackened.
- Once cooked, slice in half long ways, remove the seeds or leave them depending on your desired heat, and lastly remove the outside casing.
- Set aside until your burgers are ready to be topped. See step 14.
- If jalapeno isn't minced or well chopped it will cause the burger to break apart.
- Add egg if using lean wild game.
- This will promote some protein extraction binding the burger and help keep the burger juicy.
- Your burgers should have a larger diameter compared to your buns.
- If using smaller burger buns you should be able to get 6 burgers out of 2lbs
- If using standard size buns you should be able to get 4 burgers out of 2lbs.
8. Divide burger appropriately to make at least 4, 1/2 lb burgers.
9. Hand patty the burgers.
10. When you have your coals or open flame ready start cooking your burgers.
11. Cook till you are a few minutes to your preferred internal temp.
12. Add one slice pepper jack cheese.
13. Add caramelized onion.
14. Add 2 slices of roasted jalapeno.
15. Top with another slice of pepper jack cheese.