Whiskey Cream Steak Sauce
WHISKEY CREAM STEAK SAUCE
Some say Steak only needs salt. We won't argue that but our mushroom and whiskey based cream sauce is a great option if you are looking for a little variety.
- 2 tablespoons Bacon grease or Butter
- 1/4 cup diced Onion
- 4/6 medium large diced Mushrooms
- 3 cloves chopped Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Whiskey
- 1/2 cup Beef Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream or Coconut Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Steak of Choice
>>> BURCH SELECT: Dry Aged NY Strip from Carter Country Meats
- Portabello Mushroom
1. Salt steak and let it come to room temperature covered.
2. Toss Asparagus in oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper, wrap a handful in a strip of bacon. Set aside.
3. Toss Portabello Mushroom in oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
1. In a cast iron pan, heat bacon grease or butter.
2. Cook onion, mushrooms and garlic until soft.
3. Add sherry, whiskey and bone broth. Deglaze.
4. Remove from heat and combine with cream.
5. Blend together.
6. Return to low heat until you get the consistency desired. Add a starch to thicken if need be.
Option: Add a tablespoon of whiskey at the time you serve for a little more flavor.
1. While sauce thickens, place Bacon Wrapped Asparagus on the Barrel. The Bacon could take the longest to cook.
2. Place Steaks on the Barrel, preferably over the hottest part of the grill. This is dependent on desired internal temp.
3. Remove sauce, and add Portabello Mushrooms. Place cap down. Once mushroom begins to perspire, flip. Remove once soft.
Plate by adding Sauce over Steak and Portabello Mushroom.